The Gambling Control Authority (GCA) was established under section 5 of the Casino and Gambling Control Act 2010.
The Casino and Gambling Control Act 2010 has 5 objectives that the GCA is tasked with administering and its success will be measured against the attainment of these objectives. The objectives are:
(1) to promote probity and integrity in gambling; and
(2) to maintain the probity and integrity of persons engaged in gambling in Samoa; and
(3) to promote fairness, integrity and efficiency in the operations of persons engaged in gambling in Samoa; and
(4) to reduce any adverse social impact of gambling; and
(5) to promote a balanced contribution by the gambling industry to tourism and general community benefit and amenity.