The Salvation Army Samoa – Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) Clinician
Are you passionate about a career in the Alcohol & Other Drugs Treatment field? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team based at Salenesa Road, Moto’otua, Samoa.
The Salvation Army is a Church and Social Services provider whose mission is ‘Caring for people, Transforming Lives and Reforming Society by God’s power’.
We provide an Addiction Service for those whose lives are impacted by the use of alcohol and/or drugs, through a range of treatment interventions.
The successful applicant will be on a one (1) year fixed term contact, with option for renewal based on performance.
The following skills and attributes are essential:
- Diploma, Degree in AOD studies or relevant field (e.g. Counselling, Social Work, Health)
- Works well as a team member, responsible, self-motivated, organised, honest and reliable
- Understanding of, respect for, and ability to work with the Salvation Army’s mission and Christian principles
- Ability to relate to people with sensitivity, caring and patience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in Samoan and English
- Computer literate
Previous work experience and driver’s license preferred but not essential.
To obtain a full position description and/or to apply for the position, please send your cover letter and CV to Natalie.Senio@salvationarmy.ws or present to our office at Salenesa Road, Moto’otua (next to Enosa Health Clinic). Ph: 8400666
Closing date: Friday 17th February 2023
The Salvation Army has been transforming lives since 1865. We work in over 130 countries, coordinated by our International Headquarters in London and we are a registered charity under the Charities Act 2005. The Army has over 3000 officers and employees in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa and is recognised as a high value employer. The mission of The Salvation Army in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa is: Caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society.