Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Farm Management Economics
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
JOB POSTING LOCATION
Faculty of Business & Economics
1111-School of Agriculture & Food Tech
Samoa - Alafua Campus
Head of School
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is one of two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We are supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
Nature and Scope:
The School of Agriculture and Food Technology (SAFT) of The University of the South Pacific invites application for a position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Farm Management Economics for Alafua campus in Samos. The appointee shall be an experienced and dynamic scholar in the field who will teach and develop agribusiness related courses at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, supervise Masters and PhD students and undertake research and consultancy services in the agribusiness area. Apart from the core duties, the appointee will also be required to undertake other administrative duties as directed by the Head of School. The incumbent must have research publications that meet the University's Quality of Research criteria at the appropriate academic level.
Key Results Area:
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
For appointment at the Lecturer Level, the applicant must have a PhD in Farm Management Economics and normally 4 years tertiary teaching experience. Preferences will be given to those who already possess a teaching qualification and Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching (PGCTT) or equivalent;
- Experience in Postgraduate student supervision and statistical analyses of data;
- Substantial experience and competence in research and tertiary teaching in Farm Management Economics through face-to-face and online mode and extensive knowledge in data analysis and statistical software;
- Good research and publication record in USP ranked journals;
- Ability to develop new courses in Agricultural Economics; and
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural work environment;
For appointment at the Senior Lecturer Level, applicant must have completed a PhD in Farm Management Economics with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification and significant (normally 10 years) tertiary teaching experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Good research and publications record in agricultural economics journals having high impact factor;
- Professional accreditation or tertiary teaching qualification;
- Experience in distance and flexible learning mode; and
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
L: WST $111,229 to WST $146,353 per annum; SL: WST $150,898 to WST $174,114 per annum
Length of Contract:
5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement