The United States Peace Corps program in Samoa seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the following full-time position: Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant will work as a member of the Medical Unit supporting the entire Peace Corps Samoa Program. The Medical Assistant will:
- Administrative support to the medical unit, including but not limited:
- Health unit receptionist
- Screening phone calls, taking messages
- Maintaining records of international calls and faxes•Clinical support - Clinical duties will be performed as approved by the Medical Director/Chief of Clinical Programs, Volunteer Support, with clinical oversight by the Peace Corps Medical Officer.
- Coordinating medical requests;•Assist with medical appointments;
- Be responsible with the distribution of medicines to Peace Corps Volunteers, Peace Corps Trainees, and Response Volunteers (under Peace Corps Medical Officer oversight)
- University Diploma in Nursing School or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Nursing role;
- Demonstrated English proficiency, both written and oral;
- Valid Driver’s license.
- General knowledge of administrative medical duties related to health services;
- Clerical and secretarial experience
- Understanding basic procurement principles;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational/time management skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Proactive attitude, flexibility and ability and willingness to follow directions and training from supervisors;•Polite manners, professionalism and sense of discretion under all circumstances;
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting as a part of an inter-cultural team;
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicle.
Salary dependent on qualifications; range is WST$31,918 – WST$52,161 (inclusive of allowances). Other benefits include both Samoan and USA public holiday leave. Candidates can obtain the full Statement of Work at the Peace Corps office or by emailing HR@ws.peacecorps.gov or downloading from HERE.
Candidates interested in the position should submit: 1) Cover Letter addressing how the candidate meets EACH of the required and desired qualifications; 2) Curriculum Vitae; 3) Three references with current contact information.
Click 'Apply Now' and submit all relevant documents as one pdf - when you click Apply Now; applications will be received directly by the employer.
Applications must be received no later than close of day Friday, July 14, 2019. Only short list applicants will be contacted.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other nom-merit factor.